Our law office understands that when people hire an attorney, they are often experiencing very stressful situations. These people need someone who cares about them and doesn't simply go through the motions. For that reason, we make sure our clients not only receive high-quality legal services, but also the reassurance they deserve.
For many years, The Law Offices of John F. Sommerstein has been providing expert legal assistance, specializing in the field of Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law.
Mr. Sommerstein has helped thousands of individuals attain a fresh start, ridding them of onerous credit card debt and saving homes from foreclosure. Additionally, Mr. Sommerstein has helped hundreds of small businesses succesfully reorganize under federal bankruptcy laws.
Mr. Sommerstein has also aided many creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13.
As a bankruptcy practicioner for more than 30 years, Mr. Sommerstein's experience, knowledge, professionalism and pragmatism has resulted in many successful results on behalf of his clients.
- "Any individual or business considering bankruptcy relief, and any attorney or financial professional wishing to refer a client to a bankruptcy lawyer in the District of Massachusetts, should consider retaining John Sommerstein. John is one of the finest debtor’s attorneys I have encountered in my 42 year career in the bankruptcy field, 26 of which were spent as a United States bankruptcy judge. John is knowledgeable in the complexities of bankruptcy law and its labyrinth of federal and local rules and handles effectively and efficiently all types of business or consumer cases. Although John is an effective negotiator in resolving cases by consent without litigation, he is one of the few bankruptcy lawyers who is skillful in litigating and trying cases in the courtroom. He also knows when to compromise and when to litigate. John’s fees are eminently reasonable, and his ethics are unquestionable. He has an excellent demeanor, showing reasonableness and civility to all. I am pleased to endorse him as an outstanding bankruptcy lawyer." - Hon. Joan N. Feeney (Ret.), JAMS Neutral Panelist
- "John is very knowledgeable of the bankruptcy laws and at all times was very professional. In filing my bankruptcy plan, John informed me of what options I had following the "letter of the law", always keeping my best interest at heart. Over the past several years I've recommended John to family, friends and coworkers. They all speak very highly of John and each one had a successful bankruptcy filing. I would definitely recommend John Sommerstein because frankly, he's the best." - Sarah C.
- "You helped my wife and I get a fresh start in 2009. We are forever grateful." - R.H.
- "I have had the pleasure of knowing John for seven years. I was first introduced professionally.during a most difficult time in my life. John showed me compassion and kindness as well as his knowledge and expertise. His professional guidance showed me how I could rise above the mess and come out so much stronger. There is no one else I would want on my side under these circumstances. He has remained my friend. I have truly learned so much and will never be able to thank him enough for all he has done." - Trudy S.
- "I had the pleasure of meeting John when I felt lost and buried with bills. My husband was unemployed and I was afraid of losing everything. John reassured me that filling chapter 11 was the best way of handling my situation. I put my trust in him and was not disappointed. He guided me out of that dark period in my life. I’ve recommend him to friends and family members and they were pleased with his services as well. He is highly professional yet personably. Very knowledgeable and well known in the bankruptcy court."- Sharon J.
- "My spouse and I found ourselves overwhelmed with finances. Making the decision to apply for Chapter 13 was difficult, but necessary. John came highly recommended and it turned out to be the best decision. John was always available and responded so quickly. Our case was super complicated and John met the challenge. We finished our case and John still helped me with an issue. I would encourage anyone to work with John. He really helped us through a difficult time."- Kim D.
- "John's services for a family member of mine in distress were professional from the very beginning to the conclusion of the case. John is kind, respectful, informative, caring and responsive. I'd recommend him wholeheartedly!" - Kim C.